Red Pepper Hummus with Roasted Garlic
Red Pepper Hummus with Roasted Garlic is a hot item at every grocery store. Learn how to make your own with this free recipe for delicious hummus. Serve it at your next gathering or for a casual lunch at home.
1 head garlic
4 tablespoons water
teaspoon olive oil
cup Roasted Red Peppers , chopped
1 can garbanzo beans (15 oz), reserve liquid
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons Tahini
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut 1/4" off the top of the garlic head, exposing as many individual cloves as possible.
- Put the garlic in a small baking dish (root end down) with the liquid.
- Scatter the dried tomatoes on the bottom to soak up the liquid.
- Drizzle the exposed garlic cloves with olive oil. Cover tightly with foil and bake for approx. 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and roast until soft, 5 to 10 minutes more. Remove from oven and cool.
- Remove the individual garlic cloves with a toothpick or fork, and add half the cloves to a food processor or blender, on top of the roasted peppers.
- Place the other half of the garlic cloves in a freezer ziplock and reserve for another time.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add the garbanzo beans and 3 Tbsp. of the garbanzo liquid, the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, and tahini. Puree until smooth.
- Makes 7-1/4 cup servings, or 1 3/4 cups.