Make up this Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb for Valentine's Day, or another special night with your significant other and you'll be guaranteed to hear praises. This delectable and eye-catching dish is a one of a kind among rack of lamb recipes.
- The day before you plan to cook this, you need to make the marinade to rub on the lamb and refrigerate for a day.
- To begin chop up the sprigs of thyme, sprig of rosemary, sage leaves, oregano and parsley, and then throw it in a mortar and pestle.
- Add to that the garlic cloves, Dijon mustard, olive oil and salt. Crush and mix everything together until it forms a paste.
- Before applying the paste to the lamb, first season with salt and pepper.
- Then rub the entire rack of lamb with the herb paste and refrigerate at least overnight (or a full day for best result).
To Cook Lamb:
- Preheat oven to 400 degress F.
- When it's ready to be cooked, get the pan extremely hot and sear each side of the rack of lamb for 10 minutes.
- Pop that into the oven and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes for medium rare. Leave it in longer if you want the meat to be less pink.
- Make sure you let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes after you take it out before you cut into it.
For Wine Reduction Sauce:
- Add port wine and veal broth to medium size skillet or small pot.
- Crank up the heat to high and bring to boil. Reduce the sauce down letting boil.
- Keep reducing until it has the right consistency to drizzle over the lamb.