Halloween Pumpkin Shaped Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I've always liked making Halloween cake recipes, and this fun pumpkin-shaped one is no exception. It's really easy, too, because you use boxed cake mix, like Betty Crocker, and decorate pretty much however you want to. It's always a hit in our family. Let the kids help decorate and you'll all have a ball!
- 2 recipes any cake recipe or 2 boxes cake mix, prepared
- 2 recipes white frosting or 2 cans white frosting or more
- orange, green and black food coloring
- Prepare two cakes in bundt pans, plus one cupcake.
- Cool completely.
- Color most of the frosting a deep orange, reserving about 1/2 cup, which should be colored black (or you may use dark chocolate fudge frosting), also reserving a couple of tablespoons to tint green and frost the cupcake.
- Place one bundt cake upside down (rounded side on the bottom) on cake plate; frost top only.
- Place second bundt cake flat-side down on top of first cake.
- Frost entire cake with orange frosting, making up and down motions with spatula to simulate pumpkin.
- Insert green frosted cupcake in the middle of the top of the bundt cake to make the stem.
- Use black frosting to make eyes, nose, mouth, etc. Black rope licorice may also be used.
- You can use leftover chocolate crumbs, chocolate jimmies or crushed chocolate cookies to sprinkle around the cake on the platter to resemble soil.
- I tried the pumpkin patch cake last year and got rave reviews! The only thing different is that I used a regular ice cream cone for the stem of the pumpkin (covered with frosting) and I colored coconut an orange-brown color and scattered it around the bottom of the cake. Also, I used candy corn and licorice to make the face.
- Remember that you can do the same cake for Thanksgiving, just leave off the face!
- If you liked this, check out our latest free eCookbook, 15 Fun Halloween Recipes
- See this recipe and more in 35 Homemade Halloween Treats.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 26 Unforgettable Halloween Party Recipes Free eCookbook
- 18 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes, Plus Best Pumpkin Casserole
- 15 Fun Halloween Recipes eCookbook
- 32 Inexpensive Halloween Candy Ideas
- "23 Spooky Halloween Recipe Ideas" Free eCookbook
- 300+ Halloween Recipes: A Monstrous Menu
- Individual Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
- Graveyard Sandwich Tray
- Candy Pumpkin Peanut Butter Kisses
- Candy Corn Cookies
- 29 Tasty, Easy Breakfast Recipes eCookbook
- 33 Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes: Volume III
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 39 Appetizer Recipes and Party Pleasers eCookbook
- 17 Excellent Easter Recipes
- 21 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix eCookbook
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes eCookbook and craft guide
- 11 Fabulous Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas eCookbook
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects eCookbook and Craft Guide
- 26 Unforgettable Halloween Party Recipes
- 22 Easy 4th of July Dessert Recipes
- 18 Mother's Day Recipes for Brunch and Dessert: Blogger Edition
- 24 New Top Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 New Years Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 27 Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes eCookbook
- 27 Terrific After School Snack Recipes
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 20 Valentine's Day Recipes: Blogger Edition - Free eCookbook
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes - Free eCookbook
- No Bake Recipes: 21 Fuss-Free Easy Desserts eCookbook
- Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes eCookbook
- Christmas Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- The Best Desserts for Thanksgiving: 11 Sweet Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Chicken Recipes - Chicken for Dinner eCookbook
- 50 Favorite American Recipes by State
- Frugal Recipes: 26 Ground Beef Recipes eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- 22 4th of July Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 6 Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas eCookbook
- 15 Halloween Recipes eCookbook
- 23 Spooky Halloween Recipe Ideas
- 27 Simple Mexican Recipes
- 31 Top Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 33 Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes
- 42 Quick and Easy Recipes
- 50 Christmas Cookie Recipes eCookbook
- America's Favorite Pork Chop Recipes
- Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mothers Day Recipes
- Mason Jar Recipes: 39 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- 35 Chicken Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 19 Wonderful Chicken Salad Recipes
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 36 Thanksgiving Recipes
- 18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Steal The Show
- Magical Holiday Cookie Recipes: 12 Easy Christmas Cookies
- 11 Copycat Recipes for Baking Ingredients: Recipes for Homemade Bisquick & More
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 19 Unforgettable Simple Cake Recipes
- How To: 20 Christmas Gifts to Make and Christmas Dessert Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
- 50 Favorite American Recipes by State
- 28 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designer, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs and Egg Recipes
- Quick and Easy Chicken Casserole Recipes
- 5-Ingredient Recipes: 21 Easy Dinner Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
- Easy Potluck Recipes: 21 Pasta Casserole Recipes
- 21 Meaty Slow Cooker Recipes for Dinner
- 22 Easy Pie Recipes for Every Occasion
- 27 Cheap and Easy Chicken Recipes
- Our Best Casserole Recipes: 19 Quick & Easy Casseroles to Try
- The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes
- 12 Overnight Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Morning
- Sweets for Your Sweet: 22 Cute Dessert Recipes for Valentine's Day
- 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Meal From RecipeLion
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Peppermint Brownie Baked Alaska
- Olio Carli Citrus Cake
- Pourfect Measuring Cup and Spoon Set Review
- Hungry Girl Creamy Clam Chowder
- Southern Red Velvet Cake, Red Velvet Cupcakes, and 8 Other Swoon-Worthy Red Velvet Recipes
- Oliso SmartHub Cooktop Review
- Coworker Cake in a Cup
- Have Your Cake and Eat it Too Breakfast
- Grilled Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich
- Citrus Almond Loaf Cake Recipe