Follow Us on Facebook
Get updates from RecipeLion.com posted directly to your News Feed.
13 Spooky Halloween Food Ideas
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
'Tis the season... to be creeped out! If you're planning on throwing a Halloween bash this year, here are 13 Spooky Halloween Food Ideas you need to check out. From creepy crawly critters to graveyards and witches, all of the Halloween recipe ideas in this collection are sure to make your guests shriek and scream.
13 Spooky Halloween Food Ideas
Halloween is all about kids dressing up as scary creatures, but you can turn your food into creepy beings too. Just take these scary Halloween recipes, for example. Find out how to make appetizers that look like witch's fingers, sweet snacks that look like witch's broomsticks, cookies that resemble spooky monsters and gingerbread people who seem to have met an unfortunate fate; all of these spooky Halloween food ideas are listed below, so pick your spooky favorite and whip up some terrifying yet flavorful dishes for your party guests.
1. Witch's Fingers with Dragon Tails - Your guests will scream with these on the table!
2. White Chocolate Broomsticks - Looks like a spooky witch just dropped these off.
3. My Favorite Monster Cookies - Fun for kids and adults alike.
4. Headless Halloween Gingerbread People - Gingerbread people aren't just for Christmas, especially when they're missing their heads!
Many people are afraid of bugs, whether it's spiders, worms or any other creepy crawly critter, so it only makes sense to have a few of these terror-inducing creatures on your party food table at your Halloween bash. We've rounded up some of the best creepy Halloween recipes that look like bugs. Below you'll find a variety of ways to spook your guests, and they're all in the form of easy Halloween recipes. So go ahead and play with your food; it is Halloween after all!
5. Granola Bugs - This is the only time of year when having bugs on the table is appropriate.
6. Spiderweb Brownies - Weave a web, right on top of a delicious chocolatey cake!
7. Eternally Doomed Dirt Cake - You'll be doomed if you don't try this delicious (and creepy) concoction!
8. Chocolate Marshmallow Spiders - Spooky Halloween food doesn't get any scarier than these creepy crawlers.
Halloween is the one time of year when more is better, especially when it comes to scary recipes (and, of course, candy!). If you still don't think you have enough Halloween recipe ideas, here are a few more that are sure to satisfy your need for spook and gore. You won't believe some of the creepy things you can create out of ordinary food ingredients. Don't miss the eyeball sub below: it's one of our top picks for scary Halloween recipes.
9. Halloween Popcorn Hands - Need a hand? These creepy snacks should do the trick.
10. Creepy Puffs - You'll be spooked just looking at them.
11. Cheerios and Chocolate Halloween Tarts - Who knew Cheerios could look so sinister? Try these treats for a festive Halloween snack.
12. Eyeball Sub - If these spooky subs don't creep you out, who knows what will?
13. Graveyard Sandwich Tray - Bread tombstones make for one spooky sandwich tray.
Want even more Halloween recipe ideas for your big party? Don't miss this free, printable collection of 23 Unforgettable Halloween Party Recipes. There are plenty more fun and quirky foods to explore, so download your free copy of this Halloween eCookbook today!
Top Halloween Recipes