Brilliant Baked Apples with Vanilla Bourbon Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to add a splash of festivity to your next meal? Then the perfect dessert is our Brilliant Baked Apples with Vanilla Bourbon Sauce. Rich, tasty, surprisingly easy, this baked apple recipe is everything you want in a sweet!
Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 6 large baking apples (preferably Pink Lady or Golden Delicious)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 slivered peel of lemon
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Cut a strip around the top of the apple. If you don't, as the flesh begins to swell from the cooking, the skin will crack and slip.
- Also, don't let the bourbon run dry (a good motto on any occasion). If it scorches, it will ruin the flavor of the sauce.
- Toast pecans in small ungreased pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Do not scorch. Remove to small mixing bowl.
- While pecans are toasting, core apples to within 1/2-inch of bottom, leaving bottom intact to act as cup to hold flavorings.
- Trim thin band of peel from around top of each apple and place apples in large baking pan.
- Add granulated and brown sugars to bowl with toasted nuts and stir to combine well.
- Cut vanilla bean into 6 segments and place 1 segment in center of each apple.
- Spoon liberal amount of sugar-nut combination of mixture over top of each apple and in pan as well.
- Scatter slivered lemon peel around apples and pour 3/4 cup bourbon into pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 until apples are almost done, about 45 minutes. Check occasionally and add more bourbon if necessary to keep bottom of pan moist. Remove foil, increase heat to 450 degrees and bake until sharp knife inserts easily into apple, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and divide apples among 6 dessert plates. Remove lemon peel and, while pan is still hot, stir butter into reduced bourbon in bottom until it melts into smooth sauce. Spoon sauce and any bits of nuts remaining in pan over apples.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 26 Easy Fruit Salad Recipes
- "15 Fruit Recipes: Pear Recipes, Apple Recipes, Banana Recipes & More" from USA Pears and Swiss Diamond
- Quick and Very Easy Fruit Salad
- 10-Minute Fruit Salad
- Winter Fruit Salad
- 16 Delicious and Fun Blueberry Recipes + 5 Bonus Desserts
- Golden Pork Chops
- Just Like Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
- Apple Slices with Icing
- Magic Peach Cobbler
- 29 Tasty, Easy Breakfast Recipes eCookbook
- 33 Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes: Volume III
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 39 Appetizer Recipes and Party Pleasers eCookbook
- 17 Excellent Easter Recipes
- 21 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix eCookbook
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes eCookbook and craft guide
- 11 Fabulous Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas eCookbook
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects eCookbook and Craft Guide
- 26 Unforgettable Halloween Party Recipes
- 22 Easy 4th of July Dessert Recipes
- 18 Mother's Day Recipes for Brunch and Dessert: Blogger Edition
- 24 New Top Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 New Years Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 27 Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes eCookbook
- 27 Terrific After School Snack Recipes
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 20 Valentine's Day Recipes: Blogger Edition - Free eCookbook
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes - Free eCookbook
- No Bake Recipes: 21 Fuss-Free Easy Desserts eCookbook
- Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes eCookbook
- Christmas Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- The Best Desserts for Thanksgiving: 11 Sweet Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Chicken Recipes - Chicken for Dinner eCookbook
- 50 Favorite American Recipes by State
- Frugal Recipes: 26 Ground Beef Recipes eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- 22 4th of July Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 6 Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas eCookbook
- 15 Halloween Recipes eCookbook
- 23 Spooky Halloween Recipe Ideas
- 27 Simple Mexican Recipes
- 31 Top Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 33 Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes
- 42 Quick and Easy Recipes
- 50 Christmas Cookie Recipes eCookbook
- America's Favorite Pork Chop Recipes
- Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mothers Day Recipes
- Mason Jar Recipes: 39 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- 35 Chicken Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 19 Wonderful Chicken Salad Recipes
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 36 Thanksgiving Recipes
- 18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Steal The Show
- Magical Holiday Cookie Recipes: 12 Easy Christmas Cookies
- 11 Copycat Recipes for Baking Ingredients: Recipes for Homemade Bisquick & More
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 19 Unforgettable Simple Cake Recipes
- How To: 20 Christmas Gifts to Make and Christmas Dessert Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
- 50 Favorite American Recipes by State
- 28 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designer, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs and Egg Recipes
- Quick and Easy Chicken Casserole Recipes
- 5-Ingredient Recipes: 21 Easy Dinner Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
- Easy Potluck Recipes: 21 Pasta Casserole Recipes
- 21 Meaty Slow Cooker Recipes for Dinner
- 22 Easy Pie Recipes for Every Occasion
- 27 Cheap and Easy Chicken Recipes
- Our Best Casserole Recipes: 19 Quick & Easy Casseroles to Try
- The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes
- 12 Overnight Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Morning
- Sweets for Your Sweet: 22 Cute Dessert Recipes for Valentine's Day
- 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Meal From RecipeLion
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Peppermint Brownie Baked Alaska
- Olio Carli Citrus Cake
- Duralex Picardie Tumbler Glass Set Review
- Pourfect Measuring Cup and Spoon Set Review
- Hungry Girl Creamy Clam Chowder
- Southern Red Velvet Cake, Red Velvet Cupcakes, and 8 Other Swoon-Worthy Red Velvet Recipes
- Oliso SmartHub Cooktop Review
- Coworker Cake in a Cup
- Have Your Cake and Eat it Too Breakfast
- Grilled Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich