Xtrema Ceramic Cookware Wok Product Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Gifted By: Xtrema Ceramic Cookware
Reviewed By: Tess Gardner
Enter to win an Xtrema Ceramic Cookware Wok
(Contest begins 3/25/13 and ends 4/29/13).
With all the stir-fry dishes we consume, I was very excited to finally get my hands on the Xtrema 11” 3 piece wok set. As soon as it arrived, I tore open the box and noticed the bottom side was labeled stovetop-microwave-oven. This provided a whole new avenue of cooking possibilities so I quickly ran it through the dishwasher so I could try it out with my teriyaki chicken recipe.
I was more than thrilled. The wok heated evenly and kept the food hot for quite a while after I turned the burner off. My family went on and on about the recipe, even though I’ve served it before, the Xtrema wok made such a difference in the taste they thought it was a new.
The very next night everyone was complaining about the prolonged cold weather so I decided to try the Xtrema wok in the oven. I peeled the potatoes, chopped the onion and peppers and threw them in for a quick chili bake. It turned out perfectly! Though a bit of it did stick to the bottom, it didn’t affect the taste of the food and was very easy to clean using a Scotch Brite sponge.
We finally got a break in the weather so I jumped on the opportunity to test my new favorite cookware on the outdoor grill. I gathered up all the ingredients and went out on the patio. The durability of the Xtrema wok make it perfect for cooking outdoors and out tilapia and riced cauliflower couldn’t have tasted better. The wok’s ceramic base holds in the heat allowing the cauliflower to steam itself in just minutes. And it didn’t char the bottom at all.
Things I love:
Eco-friendly: According to their website the Xtrema wok is made from ultra-durable natural ceramic and manufactured using green production practices. This puts my mind at ease knowing that our meals will not be tainted by chemical transfers during cooking.
Versatility: The Xtrema wok is very versatile. It can be used on the stove top, in the oven, on the grill and even in a microwave. This makes it an essential cookware for my kitchen.
Durability: The Xtrema wok’s ceramic glaze and high gloss black finish is scratch resistant and very easy to clean. You can use Scotch Brite, steel wool, and even abrasive powders like Ajax. And if you don’t need to scrub it, just run it through your dishwasher.
The only downside to using my new Xtrema wok is the overall weight of it. I do wish it were just a little lighter. I had a hard time lifting the wok to toss veggies with just one hand like I’m used to doing. However, if making the wok lighter would compromise any of the other features I would rather just build-up my forearm muscles.
All in all, I am very satisfied with the Xtrema wok and highly recommend it for anyone who cooks both indoors and out.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Silpat Pretzel Mat Review
- Lekue Popcorn Bowl Review
- Casa Di Bertacchi Meatballs Review
- Calphalon 8-piece Cookware Set Review
- Freshlike Canned Vegetables Review
- Veg-All Canned Vegetables Review
- WMF Function 4 Casserole Pot Review
- Kyocera Professional Chef's Knife Review
- Kidfresh Frozen Meals Review
- Press Art Lemon Squeezer Review
- 17 Excellent Easter Recipes eCookbook
- 26 Terrific Mothers Day Recipes eCookbook
- 28 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes
- 50 American Recipes by State eCookbook
- Americas Favorite Pork Chop Recipes - Free eCookbook
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designer, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs and Egg Recipes
- Our Best Casserole Recipes: 19 Quick & Easy Casseroles to Try
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Summer Cherry Squares
- How to Make Easy No Bake Desserts for All Seasons
- Silpat Pretzel Mat Review
- Olive Garden Bread Sticks Copycat Recipe
- The King of Casseroles
- Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese Balls
- Creamy Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- Whipped Cream Pound Cake
- 3-Ingredient Yogurt Pie