The Old Farmer's Almanac Garden-Fresh Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"The Old Farmer's Almanac Garden-Fresh Cookbook would make the perfect gift for the resident green thumb in your family. If you're tired of getting bogged down with over-processed foods, then this cookbook will help put your freshly-grown ingredients to work! With an index filled with useful tips for nourishing your herb, vegetable, flower, and berry gardens, this book can help even beginners realize their potential in the garden. The recipes themselves are filled with full-color pictures, fun food facts, and an organized, eye-pleasing layout. Who would have thought that a cookbook could double as a coffee table book! Using fresh, easy-to-find ingredients, this cookbook would surely grace your kitchen for years to come."
"If you've ever thought about trying to grow you own produce, this cookbook is a great resource to help you get going. Not only does it provide inspiration in the form of tasty recipes (complete with beautiful photos of the drool-worthy dishes), it also gives tons of helpful information for how to get started. There's a guide to starting your own kitchen herb garden, a begginer's guide to vegetable gardens, an article on edible flowers and a whole section devoted to berries. The recipes themselves sound so good that I want to run out to my local farmer's market right now to pick up some fresh produce! To give you an idea of some of the dishes included in this superb cookbook, here are some of my favorites: Red Potatoes with Lemon Ginger Vinaigrette, Skillet Chicken with Fresh Tomatoes, Sweet and Sour Bean Salad, and Fresh Rhubarb Cheesecake. If those dishes don't tempt you to cook with fresh produce, I don't know what will! So test out your green thumb with this garden-fresh cooking guide. You'll be glad you did!"
"Few names in American publishing are as venerable as The Old Farmer's Almanac, so you know with hundreds of years of history behind it The Old Farmer's Almanac Garden-Fresh Cookbook is quality. As you would imagine, a big focus here in on using as mush fresh garden produce as possible in your cooking. All of the recipes are simple and look easy to prepare, plus the variety of dishes here is outstanding. Where this cookbook really excels is in the infographics informing you all about gardening and the plants themselves. Just by perusing the pages I learned so much as how to tend to a garden and about the proper life cycle of my favorite edibles. If you enjoy home cooking and are looking for more ways to use your home garden's bounty in recipes, then this cookbook is ideal for you."
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Savory Bites Review
- "Y'all Come Over" Cookbook Review
- Taste of Home Annual Recipes Cookbook 2014 Review
- Holiday Cookies Cookbook Review
- Not Your Mother's Casserole Review
- Bakeless Sweets Review
- The Heart-Smart Diabetes Kitchen Cookbook Review
- The Big Book of Cupcakes Cookbook Review
- The SparkPeople Cookbook Review
- Little Old Lady Recipes Review
- 11 Fabulous Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas eCookbook
- 12 Overnight Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Morning
- 14 New Years Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations eCookbook
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes eCookbook and craft guide
- 50 Christmas Cookie Recipes eCookbook
- 6 Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas eCookbook
- Christmas Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- How To: 20 Christmas Gifts to Make and Christmas Dessert Recipes
- Magical Holiday Cookie Recipes: 12 Easy Christmas Cookies
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Greek Yogurt Bread
- Mamma Mia Tortellini Soup
- Kitchen Tek
- Just Peachy Sheet Cake
- Apple Cardamom Crumb Cake
- Nutella Therapy Cookies
- 24 Turkey Recipes: Ground Turkey Recipes and More
- Fagor Rapid Express Pressure Cooker Review
- The Best Recipes of 2014: Reader Favorite Recipes
- 22 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s