Chilled Whole Alaskan Baked Salmon
4 pounds whole salmon with head and tail, scaled, and cleaned
6 spring onions, chopped
5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
cup white Zinfandel wine
10 whole multicolored peppercorns
teaspoon cayenne pepper
5 whole cloves
Paper thin cucumber slices, Lemon wedges and Fresh dill sprigs to garnish
- Soak fish at least 4 hours in ginger ale before preparing it. Add enough to cover the fish. After 4 hours drain and rinse the fish. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Stack 2 heavy-duty foil sheets on large baking sheet. Place fish on foil. Sprinkle half of green onions and 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice inside fish.
- Drizzle remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice over fish. Drizzle oil over. Pour wine over; sprinkle with peppercorns, cayenne pepper, and cloves. Sprinkle remaining green onions around fish. Bring up foil around fish, sealing tightly but leaving airspace between fish and foil.
- Bake fish 1 hour. Remove from oven. Open foil and let fish cool 1 hour. Reseal foil and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours.
- Open foil. Carefully remove skin from fish. Scrape off any grayish flesh. Transfer fish to platter.
- Garnish top of fish with cucumber slices. Surround with lemon wedges and dill sprigs.
- For a quick sauce to go with the fish, whisk together 1/2 cup sour cream, 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon chile powder and 2 table spoons cream style horseradish. Heat till warm.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!