How to Cook a Cowboy Dinner: 10 Main Dish Recipes
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After a long, hard day of work, the best thing to do is sit down to a hearty and filling meal. With this How to Cook a Cowboy Dinner guide, you'll learn the secrets behind easy cowboy cooking. Find 10 main dish recipes inspired by cowboy country in this collection of simple Western recipes. Cook up a cowboy meal with these dishes inspired by the wild West and you're sure to leave the table a happy camper!
How to Cook a Cowboy Dinner:
10 Main Dish Recipes
Southwestern Wagonwheel Pasta (shown at top of page, left) - Nothing says "Wild West" like the iconic shape of an old-fashioned wagon wheel. This simple pasta dish uses that visual, plus some tasty southwestern ingredients, to create a dinner dish that rings true to the cowboy way of life.
Beefy Green Chile and Cheese Bake (shown at top of page, right) - Loaded with lots of hearty ingredients, this western-inspired easy casserole recipe is one that will satisfy even the hungriest of cowboys. Make it for dinner tonight and your family will be saying "Yeehaw!"
Poor Man Texas Hash - Some of the best cowboy recipes come from the great state of Texas, and this budget-friendly beef hash recipe is no exception. When it comes to recipe ideas for a great cowboy dinner, this dish is tops in our book!
Southwest Skillet Shepherd's Pie - A wild Western skillet packed with beef, beans, corn and tomatoes and then topped off with creamy, cheesy mashed potatoes is what you could call the ultimate cowboy dinner recipe. There aren't many Western recipes as tasty as this one. Lasso up a few basic ingredients and you'll have yourself a tasty cowboy meal in no time!
Slow Cooker Cowboy Casserole - If you've never made a casserole in your slow cooker before, this is the recipe to start with. A delicious cowboy dinner idea that's effortless to make, there's no way you can go wrong when you make this easy casserole recipe for supper.
Cowboy Mess Chicken Skillet - This cowboy dinner dish gets its name from the mess of ingredients used to make it. While it may look like a mess, this Western supper recipe comes together to make an unforgettable meal with tons of flavor.
Beef Nacho Casserole - Ground beef and nachos: two quintessential foods that we think of when we're talking about cowboy recipes. That's why this beef casserole recipe is the ultimate in cowboy dinner cooking. It has all of the ingredients you'd expect out of a dish inspired by the Wild West... and so much more!
Homestyle Chicken and Biscuits - This "all in one" chicken dish is just what you need if you're looking for a quick and easy cowboy recipe for a busy weeknight. In just 45 short minutes you'll have a hearty chicken dinner ready for your family to enjoy.
Cowboy Casserole (shown above, left) - One of our most popular cowboy recipes ever, this Cowboy Casserole dish is made with hamburger meat, cream of mushroom soup, Cheddar cheese and tater tots. What more could you want out of a delicious casserole recipe for dinner?
- Easy Southwest Skillet (shown above, right) - Skillet recipes are perfect to make when you're in a pinch, and this particular skillet recipe is one of the most flavorful we've come across. This zesty easy beef recipe is everything a cowboy would love to eat... and so much more! Try it for dinner tonight and saddle up for some great flavor.
Find more easy cowboy dinner ideas in this free, printable recipe collection. Download your copy of Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes today!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- "50 Favorite American Recipes by State" eCookbook
- Dump and Go Dinners: 26 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + Bonus Easy Dessert Recipes
- 24 Unforgettable Recipes from Texas
- 13 Paula Deen-Inspired Recipes
- The Best Funeral Foods: 18 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- 21 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge Free eBook
- 27 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- 28 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes eCookbook
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Polder 5 Piece Food Storage Set Review
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Potato Skins
- Gorgonzola, Peach, and Bacon Flatbread
- Hot Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Lemon Angel Food Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream
- Shrimp and Bok Choy Caprese Salad
- Light Strawberry Pineapple Cheesecake
- 5-Ingredient Lime Pie
- Simple Homemade English Muffins
- Oatmeal S'mores Bars