Comfort Food: Our Top 25 Southern Recipes
By: Nate Maisel, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
American cuisine changes from region to region, and it's because of this diversity that it's widely considered to be one of the best in the world. Some of our favorite recipes come from all over the country, from the chowder and fresh fish dishes found on the east coast, to the Mexican inspired dishes of the west coast.
However, some of our favorite foods are the ones we grew up with, the comfort food of the South, or the kind of food Mom used to make that has become southern staples and a dire part of American Cuisine. In our collection of Comfort Food: Our Top 25 Southern Recipes we bring you some of our reader’s favorite southern recipes that we know you all will love.
A lot of these southern recipes are ones that we are very familiar with and have grown fond of. They have become the comfort food that is found in American households throughout the country. This collection of southern recipes has something for everyone. If you are looking for great southern recipes for dinner, dessert, as a side, or looking to have a southern-style feast, this collection of Comfort Food: Our Top 25 Southern Recipes will help you put the best southern recipes on your dinner table.
Make the comfort food that has been passed down from generation to generation, and treat your family to some great southern recipes for dinner. The best part is that you don’t have to travel anywhere to enjoy these delicious southern recipes. We hope that you enjoy our collection and happy eating!
Our Top Southern Recipes for the Family
Table of Contents
You may not even notice that some of your favorite dinner recipes are actually inspired by southern recipes. Here is our collection of delicious southern recipes that are perfect for a main dish portion of dinner. You're going to have trouble to decide which one you would like to make first. From casseroles to classic meatloaf recipes, these southern recipes are going to be a real treat for the family. Enjoy.
Classic Meatloaf - Southern recipes like this one will remain famous.
Best Oven Fried Chicken - Crunch away with this perfectly seasoned chicken recipe.
Crispy Chicken Fried Steak - A quick fix weeknight meal.
Old Fashioned Salisbury Steak - Great with gravy and a side of mashed potatoes
Dixie Pork Chops - We're not just whistling dixie. This is one of the best southern recipes
Southern Fried Cabbage - A budget friendly meal that's full of flavor, and will become your new favorite comfort food.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings - Sit back and let the slow cooker do most of the work in this wonderful comfort food recipe.
Four Layer Hamburger and Macaroni Casserole - The cheesiest of all southern recipes.
Country Oven Fried Chicken - There's nothing more to say other than it's delicious.
Here are the bread and butter of southern recipes. There are so many different side dishes that we just absolutely adore. They are not just found in the south, but are found all across the country because of how delicious they are. Sometimes we could skip the main course and stick to the side dishes. Bring on the gravy with these tasty southern recipes and enjoy comfort food the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
Ultimate Baked Mac and Cheese - An extra easy version of a southern masterpiece.
Ultimate Mashed Potatoes - Add gravy and you'll be in comfort food heaven.
Country Biscuits and Sausage Gravy - Typically a breakfast item, but it's so good you'll want it any time of day.
Brandied Sweet Potatoes - Throw some brandy on them and see what happens next.
Southern Style Collard Greens - A staple of the south.
American Home Fries - Great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It may be the most versatile of southern recipes.
Creamy Green Bean Casserole - Great for your holiday bashes.
Country Style Peas - Taste the south in this homemade classic dish.
Once you have finished all of your southern recipes for dinner, it's time to move on to the next course, dessert! Some of the classic southern recipes for dessert are ones that we grew up with. We hope that these heavenly desserts remind you of pie cooling on the windowsill and all of your other comfort food favorites. Enjoy and indulge in these wonderful sweets.
Peach, Raspberry, and Blueberry Cobbler - Made with cinnamon biscuits and loads of fruit this may be one of the fruitiest southern recipes.
Southern Comfort Hummingbird Cake -. This tasty layered cake is made with crushed pineapple, bananas and pecans and, here's the best part, topped with a cream cheese frosting.
Oatmeal Peach Cobbler - Fresh peaches, brown sugar, and oatmeal give this peach cobbler recipe something that others don't have.
Homestyle Bread Pudding - Seasoned with cinnamon, vanilla and brown sugar, it has just the right amount of sweet to satisfy your cravings.
Oklahoma Cake - Tropical flavors are blended together in this moist cake recipe.
Deep South Sweet Potato Pie - The further south you go, the better southern recipes you get.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Dump and Go Dinners: 21 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + Bonus Easy Dessert Recipes
- 25 Charming Old Fashioned Recipes
- 28 Easy Dinner Recipes for February
- The Best Funeral Foods: 18 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- "Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes" eCookbook
- 21 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 27 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes
- "Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes" eCookbook
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge Free eBook
- 20 Valentine's Day Recipes: Blogger Edition - Free eCookbook
- 22 Easy Pie Recipes for Every Occasion
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix eCookbook
- 39 Appetizer Recipes and Party Pleasers eCookbook
- Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes - Free eCookbook
- Frugal Recipes: 26 Ground Beef Recipes eCookbook
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
- Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- St. Paddy's Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Cheesy Cheddar Burger Bites
- Easy Chocolate Raspberry Tiramisu
- Cherry Chip Cake with Whipped Vanilla Buttercream
- Easy No-Bake Creme Brulee
- Whipped Cream Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 15 Best Homemade Italian Sausage Recipes
- MAX'IS Creations Hoop in a Mug Review
- MAX'IS Creations