Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Dessert is my favorite meal of the day. Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding is one of the easiest and tastiest bread pudding recipes. Pick apart what I consider to be a dessert slightly short of perfection.
3 cups skim milk
cup regular, Quick or Instant Cream of Wheat Cereal
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 can (8-ounces) sliced peaches, drained and coarsely chopped
6 slices cinnamon raisin bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
Prepared whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large saucepan, over medium heat, heat milk to a boil; slowly sprinkle in cereal. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 1-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Layer half the cereal mixture, chopped peaches and bread cubes in greased 2 quart round casserole. Repeat layers once.
- Place casserole in a pan filled with 1 inch depth water. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until pudding is set in center. Serve warm topped with whipped topping if desired.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!