Chocolate Raspberry Mousse
Raspberry and chocolate is a winning combination perfect for any dessert. This Valentine's Day make your loved one something special with this rich chocolate mousse recipe.
6 ounces Lindt Excellence or Tobler Tradition bittersweet chocolate
3 large eggs, separated
cup superfine sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons Chambord liqueur
1 cup heavy cream
tablespoons boiling water
- Melt chocolate slowly on stove or in microwave. Be careful not to scorch. Set aside to cool.
- Beat egg yolks at medium speed until they form the ribbon. Add 1/2 cup superfine sugar gradually, scraping sides and beating 2 minutes more.
- With mixer running on medium, add vanilla, Chambord, and boiling water; beat in cooled chocolate until evenly blended. Remove mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Whip cream until softly whipped. (It will not appear whipped enough. The mousse will be grainy if the cream is too stiff). Refrigerate.
- In clean, dry mixer bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar gradually, beating on high speed until whites are stiff and glossy. Using a rubber spatula, fold one third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in the remainder of the whites, then fold in the cream.
- Pour into dessert dishes or a souffle dish and chill for several hours before serving.