Need a delicious dessert for a group of family and friends? This Dessert Pizza recipe is a great option! It's delicious and satisfying!
Dough Preparation (1 Dough Mix):
- In a large bowl, dissolve contents of 1 yeast packet in 1¼ cups lukewarm tap water (105°F). Let sit about 2 minutes. Water temperature must not exceed 115ºF.
- Add 1 dough mix to yeast/water mixture. Using a rubber spatula (or your hands), mix until dough ball forms.
- Turn dough ball onto lightly floured surface and knead until soft, slightly tacky dough is formed (approximately 5-7 minutes). Add a small amount of flour if dough is too sticky.
- Place dough ball into a large bowl that has been coated with nonstick spray. Coat a sheet of plastic wrap with nonstick spray and place on top of dough ball, tucking sides down around dough (to prevent dough from drying out).
- Place bowl in a warm spot (85-95 degrees F) for 30 minutes so the dough can rise.
Note: Reserve baking soda packet for later use. Do not add baking soda to dough mix. Read all instructions before proceeding.
If Using an Electric Mixer:
- Follow steps 1 and 2, combining yeast and water directly into a large mixing bowl.
- Add dough mix to bowl with yeast/water mixture.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, turn on low speed for 1 minute to allow dough mix to incorporate into the yeast/water mixture.
- Increase speed to medium low and continue mixing for an additional 4 minutes. Dough should form a soft, smooth, and slightly tacky ball. Continue to step 5.
Note: Bread Machines may be used to mix the dough (steps 1-3). Machines vary; total mixing time should not exceed 15 minutes.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- After pretzel dough has rested for 30 minutes, divide dough in half for a thin crust pizza (use the other half for a savory pizza or alternate flavor sweet pizza like a Rocky Road Pie*) or use the entire dough for a thick crust pizza.
- Spray a large round pizza pan (14”) with nonstick spray and stretch dough out onto the pan so the dough reaches the edges. Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle with half of the contents of the cinnamon sugar packet
- Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust begins to turn golden brown. Remove pizza crust from oven and set aside to cool.
- Prepare pizza topping by mixing the cream cheese and marshmallow fluff until smooth. Spread the cream cheese and fluff topping onto the cooled pizza crust and top with fresh fruit and berries (use your favorite combination). Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top of the fruit. Slice and serve!
- For a chocolate variation try making a Rocky Road Pie by spreading your cooled pizza crust with a chocolate spread (such as a chocolate hazelnut spread or hot fudge topping). Sprinkle chocolate chips, walnuts, and mini marshmallows on top, cut and serve for a delicious sweet treat.