The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
How to Bake the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
By: The Editors of RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone knows how to make delicious chocolate chip cookies from refrigerated dough, but many people don't realize it's just as simple to make them from scratch. Learn how to make the perfect chocolate chip cookies at home. Plus baking cookies can be a fun thing to get the kids involved in or a fun afternoon for you and your friends. Impress your family with the perfect chocolate chip cookie they'll be talking about for weeks.
Table of Contents
There are few things better than a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie just out of the oven. And while the pre-packaged cookie dough does the job, there is no beating the flavor of a homemade cookie. If you're a cookie baking novice, there are a few main ingredients you will need to get started. The ingredients you will find in just about every chocolate chip cookie recipe include butter, sugar (white and brown), eggs, vanilla, flour, salt and chocolate chips. (A note on butter; even if you are comfortable cooking with margarine or butter substitutes, it is recommended that you always use real butter when you bake. There truly is no substitute). Plus the butter and brown sugar is the real key to getting that perfect chewyness we all love about cookies.
The creaming method is one of the most basic methods of preparation for baking cookies and cakes. You will see this method used over and over again in recipes, which is why, after getting this down, you will never need to read or re-read recipe instructions again. The basic creaming method is as follows:
- Cream fat and sugar together. This should be done on an electric mixer using a paddle attachment.
- Gradually add eggs and flavoring (vanilla in this case)
- Add dry ingredients gradually
- Mix until smooth
- Stir in chocolate chips
This is a no-fail method that will produce excellent cookie dough every time.
There are of course thousands of variations on the basic chocolate chip cookie. Every recipe varies just a little, whether it means adding a little more or less of a specific ingredient, or adding extras like nuts or dried fruit. It's also important to remember to take note of the temperature at which you are baking your cookies. If the oven temperature is too low, the cookies will spread too much and become flat. If the oven temperature is too high, on the other hand, the cookies will burn quickly.
A Semi Sweet Triple Chocolate Cookie - These amazing triple chocolate chip cookies are so delicious. With semi-sweet chocolate chips, Hershey Kisses and cocoa, you can make a great batch of cookies. This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookies - Got giant appetites to please? Try Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Big Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - If you're looking for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, look no further. This Big Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is packed full of sweetness, giving scrumptious a new definition. Enjoy!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- How to Boil Perfect Eggs
- How to Bake the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How To Make a Chipotle-Style Burrito Bowl at Home
- 16 Crowd-Pleasing Easy Potluck Recipes
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Make the Best Amish Pie, Plus 18 More Free Amish Recipes
- How to Make Sloppy Joes
- How To Use Up Lemons: 7 Luscious Lemon Recipes
- A Delicious Dozen Recipes: How to Serve Sauerkraut
- How to Have a Great Picnic with the 15 Best Picnic Recipes
- 17 Excellent Easter Recipes eCookbook
- 26 Terrific Mothers Day Recipes eCookbook
- 28 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes
- 50 American Recipes by State eCookbook
- Americas Favorite Pork Chop Recipes - Free eCookbook
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designer, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs and Egg Recipes
- Our Best Casserole Recipes: 19 Quick & Easy Casseroles to Try
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 30 Easy Dinner Recipes for June
- Grandma's Best German Potato Salad
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels USA
- Fratelli Carli
- Olio Carli Gran Gusto Gift Box Review
- 13 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Cookie Crusted Banana Freezer Cake
- Easy Strawberry Refrigerator Pie
- One Pot Easy Goulash
- Double Chocolate Brownies From Scratch