The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
Freezing Dough for Scones and Cookies
By: Ruth Thomas, Brewster House Bed & Breakfast, Freeport, Maine via BnBFinder.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In order to keep some sanity during our busy season, one of the tips I found over the years is in freezing scone dough and cookie dough. When we first started our B&B, I was making cookies, as well as scones or muffins, every day. When you're also doing breakfast prep for the next day, laundry and greeting guests, not to mention all the other gazillion odd jobs that come up during the day, baking from scratch each day can get overwhelming/time consuming. However, if you make your scone dough and cut it into the appropriate slices for your recipe, the individual pieces can be frozen on a cookie sheet, then placed in freezer bags for future baking!/
Simply remove the quantity you need, place them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or reusable parchment) and bake them fresh for that morning! The accompanying photo shows the frozen scones, ready for baking.
The same can be done with cookie dough. Using a cookie scoop, simply scoop your dough and place on a cookie sheet (close together) and freeze for a couple of hours. Then, place them in freezer bags for future baking! You never have to make more than the guests you're serving, so not as much waste, or addition to your own waist!
Brewster House Bed & Breakfast, Freeport, Maine USA
Recipe courtesy BnBFinder.com
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Boil Perfect Eggs
- Healthy Living Guide: Healthy Habits and Skinny Recipes
- How to Fold in Baking
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Zest a Lemon 4 Ways
- How to Whip Up the Fluffiest Omelet
- Make Your Own Sweetened Condensed Milk
- How To Make a Chipotle-Style Burrito Bowl at Home
- 16 Crowd-Pleasing Easy Potluck Recipes
- How to Make Sloppy Joes
- 29 Tasty, Easy Breakfast Recipes eCookbook
- 33 Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes: Volume III
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 39 Appetizer Recipes and Party Pleasers eCookbook
- 17 Excellent Easter Recipes
- 21 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix eCookbook
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes eCookbook and craft guide
- 11 Fabulous Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Grilled Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich
- Citrus Almond Loaf Cake Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Roll-Ups Recipe
- Vietnamese Caramel Chicken
- Grandma's Cowboy Cookies
- Butternut Squash Soup with Hemp Seeds
- Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
- Gluten Free Slow Cooker Chicken Lentil Soup
- Sriracha Comeback Sauce
- Ginger Chicken Soup