The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
Freezing Dough for Scones and Cookies
By: Ruth Thomas, Brewster House Bed & Breakfast, Freeport, Maine via BnBFinder.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In order to keep some sanity during our busy season, one of the tips I found over the years is in freezing scone dough and cookie dough. When we first started our B&B, I was making cookies, as well as scones or muffins, every day. When you're also doing breakfast prep for the next day, laundry and greeting guests, not to mention all the other gazillion odd jobs that come up during the day, baking from scratch each day can get overwhelming/time consuming. However, if you make your scone dough and cut it into the appropriate slices for your recipe, the individual pieces can be frozen on a cookie sheet, then placed in freezer bags for future baking!/
Simply remove the quantity you need, place them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or reusable parchment) and bake them fresh for that morning! The accompanying photo shows the frozen scones, ready for baking.
The same can be done with cookie dough. Using a cookie scoop, simply scoop your dough and place on a cookie sheet (close together) and freeze for a couple of hours. Then, place them in freezer bags for future baking! You never have to make more than the guests you're serving, so not as much waste, or addition to your own waist!
Brewster House Bed & Breakfast, Freeport, Maine USA
Recipe courtesy BnBFinder.com
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- How to Boil Perfect Eggs
- 16 Crowd-Pleasing Easy Potluck Recipes
- How To Make a Chipotle-Style Burrito Bowl at Home
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Make the Best Amish Pie, Plus 18 More Free Amish Recipes
- A Delicious Dozen Recipes: How to Serve Sauerkraut
- How to Make Sloppy Joes
- How To Use Up Lemons: 7 Luscious Lemon Recipes
- How to Identify Squash: Different Squash Types
- How to Make French Fried Onions
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Comfify Collapsible Kitchen Colander Set Review
- Bruschetta & Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Make-Ahead Veggie Breakfast Quesadillas
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Lemon Pepper Avocado Hummus
- Copycat Jamba Juice Peach Pleasure Recipe
- Egg and Quinoa Breakfast Muffins
- Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
- No-Bake Nutella Mousse Cheesecakes
- Pork Chili Verde