67 Holiday Cookie Recipes
By: Jessica Farris, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the weather outside is frightful, these 67 Holiday Cookie Recipes are oh so delightful! Let it snow and snow as long as a batch of warm, comforting Christmas cookies are waiting inside. This ultimate collection of baked sweets includes cookies for every winter holiday occasion, from gift-giving to decorating to snacking. Classic Christmas cookie recipes make inexpensive gifts for family members and friends.
There is a huge variety of Christmas cookie recipes. In this collection, you'll find sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, gingerbread cookies, and so much more. After all, you can never have too many cookies at Christmas! Browse through these holiday cookie ideas until you find the perfect one; it won't take long.
Take shelter from chilly winter weather and enjoy the taste the sweetness of Christmas cheer with great holiday cookie recipes!
Christmas isn't complete without dinner! Our free eCookbook, 12 Wonderful Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas, will give you plenty of menu options.
67 Holiday Cookie Recipes
Table of Contents
Sugar cookies are the most basic of holiday cookie recipes. The perfect canvas, these tasty Christmas cookies can be iced, frosted, frozen, sandwiched, or simply saved for the perfect occasion.
- Basic Sugar Cookies
- Festive Iced Sugar Cookies (shown)
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Butter Sugar Cookies
- Amish Sugar Cookies
- Soft Sugar Cookies
- Pattern Sugar Cookies
Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies? Since Ruth Graves Wakefield's lucky mistake in 1930, chocolate chip cookies have become America's favorite cookie. Celebrate this grand chocolatey tradition with this list of chocolate chip cookie recipes. They're a chocaholic's dream come true!
- World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies (shown)
- Basic Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Chocolate Pillows
- Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
The perfect addition to any cookie recipe, oatmeal adds a dense, chewy texture and a protein punch to traditional holiday desserts. From classic oatmeal raisin cookies to fruity and nutty additions, you will return to these oatmeal cookie recipes again and again.
- Old World Oatmeal Cookies (shown)
- Not-Your-Average Christmas Oatmeal Cookies
- Throw Together No-Bake Cookies
- Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
- Handmade Oatmeal Cookies
- Black Walnut and Oatmeal Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Gingerbread people are the epitome of Christmas cookies. The perfect canvas for creative minds, these gingerbread cookie recipes can be cut to any size and shape. Build a gingerbread castle surrounded by a gingerbread moat filled with gingerbread crocodiles, or just chomp the heads off your personalized gingerbread man. The possibilities are endless!
- Classic Gingersnaps (shown)
- Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo Cookies
- Timeless Gingerbread Man Cookies
- Chewy Ginger Snaps
- Christmas Ginger Cookies
- Giant Gingerbread Kids
Cookies aren't the only type of Christmas dessert. Bark recipes make great gifts and treats. Check out these 16 Decadent Chocolate Bark Recipes for Dessert.
Whether you say Froehliche Weihnachten, Joyeux Noel, or just Merry Christmas at the holidays, these Christmas cookies from around the world will help you to reconnect with your heritage. Try a traditional German recipe, or try new Italian Christmas cookie recipes.
- Irish Christmas Cookies
- Italian White Christmas Cookies
- Spekulatius (Christmas Spice Cookie)
- French Christmas Cookies
- Basel Brunsli Chocolate Spice Cookies
- Austrian Chocolate Balls
- German Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Amazing Swiss Hazelnut Christmas Cookies
Christmas cut out cookies make excellent gifts because they can form any shape, and you can decorate them however you like. Pipe on red and green frosting or roll out icebox cookie dough with a festive design in the center.
- Tasty Tannenbaum Biscuits (shown)
- Christmas Tree Cookies
- Christmas Wreath Cookies
- Heavenly Cutouts Christmas Cookies
- Traditional Rolled Sugar Cookies
Dried fruit and nuts are some of the most traditional Christmas additions to any recipe. In cookies, they add flavor and texture to classic recipes. Your family and friends will go “nuts” for these amazing cookie recipes.
- Festive Fruitcake Cookies (shown)
- Chewy White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- Fruit-Nut Christmas Cookies
- Festive Fig Cookies
- Christmas Cranberry Cookies
- Buttery Frosted Cashew Cookies
- Christmas Angel Cookies
- Cashew Nut Cookies
- White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Angel Date Cookies
- Butter Pecan Cookies
Many of these cookies are aptly named for the occasion. Holiday cookie recipes like these make a perfect inexpensive gift for everyone on your list. Make a batch of each and give everyone a tin filled with a variety of colorful Christmas treats!
- Naughty Cookies
- Nutter Butter Santa Cookies
- Turtle Thumbprints
- 3-Ingredient Christmas Cookies
- 10-Minute Holiday Cookies in a Jar
- Chocolate Snow Cookies (shown)
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Beyond Easy Holly Cookies
- Cinnamon Chip Shortbread Christmas Cookies
- Winter Cat Cookies
- Peppermint Pattie Cookies
- Eggnog Cookies
- Creamy Caramel Christmas Cookies
- Whipped Shortbread for the Holidays
- Angel Food Cookies
- Soft Christmas Cookies
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 18 Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- 4-Ingredient Cranberry Fluff
- 325 Favorite Christmas Recipes
- Mason Jar Recipes: 39 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- "12 Overnight Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Morning" eCookbook
- Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
- Magical Holiday Cookie Recipes: 12 Easy Christmas Cookies Free eCookbook
- Chocolate Pillows
- 50 Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes Free eCookbook
- No Bake Eskimo Cookies
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Garbage Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
- Silchef 3 Piece Silicone Spatula Set Review
- Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Champagne Buttercream
- Sweet Potato, Corn, and Chive Fritters
- Coconut Nutella Fudgesicles
- Cappuccino Eclairs
- S'mores Cheesecake
- One-Pot BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars