Simple Crusted Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Chicken
By: Sarah Kennedy, Editor, RecipeLion.com
This image courtesy of Sarah Kennedy
Stuffed chicken recipes don't have to be difficult and they are truly delicious. This recipe for Simple Crusted Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Chicken will have your family and friends thinking they're dining out at a fancy restaurant. No need to tell them how easy it was!
3 chicken breasts
3 strips of uncured bacon
1 cup egg substitute
olive oil, as needed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon dill
1 cup plain bread crumbs
cup grated Parmesan cheese
Feta cheese, crumbled (as desired)
shredded cheddar cheese (as desired)
6 wooden toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and oil bottom of casserole dish with some olive oil.
- Cook 3 slices of bacon to desired crispness, chop into small pieces, and set aside.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, seasoned pepper, garlic powder, basil, celery seed, dill, and grated Parmesan onto plate.
- Place chicken breast on cutting board, smooth side up with thickest side facing you.
- Push down on breast with palm of hand and make horizontal incision into side of breast, creating pocket.
- Cut equal amounts of cheddar cheese and feta cheese, stuff into pocket of chicken with one slice of chopped bacon.
- Close pocket with two toothpicks, piercing through top and bottom of pocket.
- Dip chicken breast in to bowl of egg substitute, then roll in breadcrumb mixture, coating all sides.
- Place chicken breast in greased casserole dish, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese and thyme on top of chicken.
- Cover and bake at for 35 minutes, uncover, and bake for addition 5 to 10 minutes, or until internal chicken temperature is 180 degrees F.
Remember to remove toothpicks before serving.