Caramelized Banana Cheesecake
Break way from bland strawberry or plain cheesecake and create this amazing caramelized banana cheesecake. This is a delicious dessert that looks incredibly impressive for a dinner party.
cup pecan halves
2 tablespoons butter
cup packed light brown sugar
2 medium bananas, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons dark rum, optional
8 ounces package fat-free cream cheese, softened
8 ounces package light cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
cup light sour cream
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 medium banana, thinly sliced
cup your favorite preserves, such as apricot, melted
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Place pecans on baking sheet, toast in oven about 8 minutes. Check frequently to avoid burning, set aside. Leave oven on.
- Melt 1 tbsp of the butter in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, cook, stirring frequently, until melted, about 6 minutes. Add 2 sliced bananas, cook until bananas are caramelized and soft enough to mash with back of spoon. Remove from heat, set aside. Stir in rum, if using.
- Combine cream cheeses and 3/4 cup of sugar in large bowl of electric mixer. Beat until completely blended. Add sour cream, egg and egg whites, mix well. Add caramelized banana mixture, beat until incorporated.
- Put remaining tablespoon of butter, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and toasted pecans in food processor fitted with metal blade. Process until finely ground, press on bottom of ungreased 8-inch springform pan. Pack down firmly using palm of hand.
- Pour filling mixture over crust. Place pan inside larger pan and put on oven rack. Add water to depth of 2 inches. Bake until firm to touch, about 1-1/2 hours. Remove from oven, let sit on wire rack 1 hour.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. For topping, stir banana slices into melted preserves, spoon over chilled cheesecake.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!