Red White and Blue Cheese Bacon Pasta Bake
One bite of Red White and Blue Cheese Bacon Pasta Bake will set your fireworks alight! Delicious 4th of July recipes like these are sure to please anyone looking for great holiday dinner recipes.
12 ounces unsmoked, back bacon rashers, de-rinded and chopped (12oz)
1 ounce butter
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 ounce plain flour
1 cup milk
3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
8 ounces dried fettucine or tagliatelle
5 ounces Mozzarella cheese, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, add the bacon and garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour.
- Remove from the heat, and gradually add the milk.
- Return the pan to the heat, and bring to the boil, stirring constantly until a smooth, glossy sauce has formed.
- Stir in the blue cheese and seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta following instructions on the pack. When cooked drain, and stir into the sauce.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until browned and serve with a mixed green salad.