Applicious Sweet Potato Casserole
This thanksgiving sweet potato casserole includes the perfect blend of tart apples and delicious sweet potatoes to create the warm flavors of autumn. Applicious Sweet Potato Casserole is one of the best Thanksgiving sweet potato recipes ever!
6 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
2 tart apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch rings
cup orange juice
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat enough water to cover potatoes to boiling.
- Add potatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool slightly; slip off skins.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
- Layer potatoes and apples in greased oblong baking dish, 10 X 6 X 1-1/2 inches.
- Pour orange juice over potatoes and apples.
- Mix brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Dot with margarine.
- Bake uncovered until apples are crisp/tender, about 30 minutes.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!