Everyone loves restaurant copycat recipes, and quick and easy recipes requiring very little prep time are the best kind (even if they have to sit in the fridge for a bit). That's why you're really going to want to steal this copycat recipe for KFC's coleslaw. Consistently, it's a reader favorite, so grab it today and make it tonight.
KFC's Copycat Coleslaw
- 8 1/2 cups cabbage
- 1/3 cup carrot
- 1 teaspoon onion, chopped finely
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Core the cabbage, then shred the cabbage fine using the fine disk for the shredder attachment to the mixer.
- Shred the carrot the same way. Mix together cabbage, carrot and onion.
- In a bowl combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, milk and lemon juice with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the salt and pepper. Add the sugar to the sauce until well mixed in.
- Add the sauce to the cabbage and carrot mixture and mix well and allow the mixture to marinate for 13 hours in the refrigerator. You can see why this is always among our favorite recipes!
Here are 16 other readers' top picks for steal-worthy favorite recipes. Check them out — they're sure to become your favorite recipes too!
- Baby Back Ribs — Full of flavor
- Homestyle Sloppy Joes — Simple and quick
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich — Nothing beats the taste
- My Favorite Egg Salad — A great taste
- Burger King Big King Copycat — Easy to copy
- Biscuit Bacon Chicken Casserole — Will blow you away
- Velveeta Breakfast Casserole — Everything you love
- Casserole Spaghetti — Simply divine
- Mexican Chicken — An instant delight
- Italian Casserole — Easy and delicious
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole — The 2 best things
- Very Easy Egg Salad — Done in no time
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole — Delicious and hearty
- Italian Roast Beef — Bursting with Italian flavor
- Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas — Oven baked and super cheesy
- Easy Mexican Chicken Casserole — An easy big meal