Follow Us on Facebook
Get updates from RecipeLion.com posted directly to your News Feed.
A Cajun Rice Dressing / Cajun Dirty Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Dirty rice is a Cajun classic; this recipe uses pork and beef in place of traditional chicken livers. The dressing mix can be preserved, re-heated and have rice and/or cornbread added, making a quick meal even quicker.
1. Pan fry the ground meat well until all of the meat is well done.
2. Put bell pepper, onion and garlic into food processor and nearly liquify it, then add this to the meat. The pepper/onion/garlic should sizzle as you stir it well into the meat.
3. When the sizzling fades, add the mushroom steak sauce and a little water and allow the entire dressing mix to simmer for at least a half hour.
4. Cooked rice can be added to this mixture and thoroughly stirred. The more rice you add, the drier and "whiter" the resulting dressing will be. Adding the right amount of rice will result in a dress that is moist with the rice appearing very brown ("dirty").
5. Cornbread Dressing: Substitute crumbed cornbread for cooked rice. Save some for later: Freeze the dressing mix, i.e., before adding rice/cornbread, separately. When needed, defrost the mix by heating it and add the rice or cornbread.