Dollar Store Food: 13 Frugal Recipes for You
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to shop at a fancy market to make delicious home-cooked meals for your family. Sometimes the best dinner recipes are the ones made with just the basics. In this collection of Dollar Store Food ideas, find 13 Frugal Recipes for you and your loved ones to enjoy without having to worry. Cooking is so much more fun, and so much easier, when you know you're not going to break the bank doing it!
Dollar Store Food:
13 Frugal Recipes for You
Table of Contents
Dollar Store Black Bean Soup (shown above) - Black bean soup is a hearty and comforting dish to enjoy as a main dish or as a starter. This easy soup recipe is great to make especially during the cold weather months.
Dollar Store Southwest Soup - Enjoy the zesty flavors of the Southwest with this cheap recipe for soup. When it comes to preparing a flavorful appetizer, you don't need to spend a ton of money on ingredients. This dollar store food idea is proof that frugal can be fantastic!
Dollar Store Kickin' Chili (shown at top of page) (special feature!) - Use your slow cooker to prepare a chili that will warm you to your core. It may not cost a lot of money to make this simple chili recipe, but the end result tastes like a million bucks!
Dollar Store Chicken Casserole - You can find most, if not all, of the ingredients needed for this easy chicken casserole recipe at your local dollar store. A version of the classic tuna noodle casserole recipe, this chicken version has a great homey flavor that will please everyone at the table!
Dollar Store Cowboy Casserole (shown above) (special feature!) - If you love the taste of cowboy recipes, you have to try this awesome recipe for a Southwestern-inspired main dish that's chocked full of hearty ingredients like beans, corn, tomato, pepper and more. All we can say about this cowboy recipe is "yum!"
Dollar Store Ranch Chicken Casserole (shown at top of page) - Ranch chicken casserole is one of those dishes that we just never get tired of. This version, one of our favorite dollar store food ideas, is a great option for families on a budget because many of the necessary ingredients can be found at the local Five and Dime.
Fritos Casserole - Cheesy, beefy and crunchy, this cheap casserole recipe has three great things going for it. If you're a fan of Fritos, this is definitely one of the best easy frugal recipes for you. Don't miss out on this guilty pleasure casserole that so many of our readers love.
Dollar Store Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Casserole (special feature!) - Served warm and fresh out of the oven, this cheesy chicken casserole recipe is pretty hard to beat. Add this to your list of great dollar store food dishes because your family is sure to love the combination of flavors in this chicken dinner!
Dollar Store Cheesy Quesadillas - With just four simple ingredients, many of which can be purchased at your local dollar store, this cheap and easy recipe for quesadillas is a winner in our book. This recipe for two is one of those frugal recipes you'll want to keep handy because it makes a great lunch, snack or dinner; it's so versatile!
Easy Pantry Tuna Penne (shown above) - As its name suggests, this cheap pasta recipe can be made from items most likely already residing in your pantry at home. This is one of those frugal recipes that's great because it's inexpensive, but also because it's incredibly fast to make. In just 30 short minutes you'll have a delicious dinner on the table.
Dollar Store Chili Macaroni - Frugal recipes are great when you need ideas for simple, low-cost weeknight meals. This version of a classic chili mac recipe is easy on the wallet and satisfying for the taste buds. It's win-win!
Dollar Store No Bake Cookies (shown above) (special feature!) - Dollar store food doesn't stop at casseroles and main dishes. If you're looking for a cheap dessert recipe, look no further than these delicious no bake cookies. Made with oats, raisins and jam, this easy dessert recipe proves that frugal recipes can still be rich in flavor.
Dollar Store Cornbread - Also called "Yankee Cornbread," this old-fashioned recipe puts a twist on traditional cornbread recipes -- a twist you're going to love. Don't miss out on this sensational side dish... it's one of our favorite dollar store food ideas.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 22 Easy Recipes Using Crescent Rolls
- 25+ Budget Meals and Frugal Recipes
- Great Depression Casserole
- 17 Traditional Amish Recipes + 6 Bonus Amish Country Favorites
- Grandma's 5-Star Cabbage Rolls
- 14 Quick and Easy Bisquick Recipes for Biscuits
- "Frugal Recipes: 26 Easy Ground Beef Recipes for Dinner" eCookbook
- Amish Church Soup
- 11 Excellent Cheap Casserole Recipes + 5 Bonus Casseroles
- Ground Beef Taco Pie
- 29 Tasty, Easy Breakfast Recipes eCookbook
- 33 Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes: Volume III
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 39 Appetizer Recipes and Party Pleasers eCookbook
- 17 Excellent Easter Recipes
- 21 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix eCookbook
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes eCookbook and craft guide
- 11 Fabulous Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas eCookbook
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects eCookbook and Craft Guide
- 26 Unforgettable Halloween Party Recipes
- 22 Easy 4th of July Dessert Recipes
- 18 Mother's Day Recipes for Brunch and Dessert: Blogger Edition
- 24 New Top Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 New Years Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 27 Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes eCookbook
- 27 Terrific After School Snack Recipes
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 20 Valentine's Day Recipes: Blogger Edition - Free eCookbook
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes - Free eCookbook
- No Bake Recipes: 21 Fuss-Free Easy Desserts eCookbook
- Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes eCookbook
- Christmas Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- The Best Desserts for Thanksgiving: 11 Sweet Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Chicken Recipes - Chicken for Dinner eCookbook
- 50 Favorite American Recipes by State
- Frugal Recipes: 26 Ground Beef Recipes eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- 22 4th of July Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 6 Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas eCookbook
- 15 Halloween Recipes eCookbook
- 23 Spooky Halloween Recipe Ideas
- 27 Simple Mexican Recipes
- 31 Top Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 33 Hearty Slow Cooker Recipes
- 42 Quick and Easy Recipes
- 50 Christmas Cookie Recipes eCookbook
- America's Favorite Pork Chop Recipes
- Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mothers Day Recipes
- Mason Jar Recipes: 39 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- 35 Chicken Casserole Recipes eCookbook
- 19 Wonderful Chicken Salad Recipes
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 36 Thanksgiving Recipes
- 18 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That Steal The Show
- Magical Holiday Cookie Recipes: 12 Easy Christmas Cookies
- 11 Copycat Recipes for Baking Ingredients: Recipes for Homemade Bisquick & More
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 19 Unforgettable Simple Cake Recipes
- How To: 20 Christmas Gifts to Make and Christmas Dessert Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
- 50 Favorite American Recipes by State
- 28 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designer, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs and Egg Recipes
- Quick and Easy Chicken Casserole Recipes
- 5-Ingredient Recipes: 21 Easy Dinner Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
- Easy Potluck Recipes: 21 Pasta Casserole Recipes
- 21 Meaty Slow Cooker Recipes for Dinner
- 22 Easy Pie Recipes for Every Occasion
- 27 Cheap and Easy Chicken Recipes
- Our Best Casserole Recipes: 19 Quick & Easy Casseroles to Try
- The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes
- 12 Overnight Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Morning
- Sweets for Your Sweet: 22 Cute Dessert Recipes for Valentine's Day
- 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Meal From RecipeLion
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Olio Carli Citrus Cake
- Pourfect Measuring Cup and Spoon Set Review
- Hungry Girl Creamy Clam Chowder
- Southern Red Velvet Cake, Red Velvet Cupcakes, and 8 Other Swoon-Worthy Red Velvet Recipes
- Oliso SmartHub Cooktop Review
- Coworker Cake in a Cup
- Have Your Cake and Eat it Too Breakfast
- Grilled Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich
- Citrus Almond Loaf Cake Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Roll-Ups Recipe