Dollar Store Food: 13 Frugal Recipes for You
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to shop at a fancy market to make delicious home-cooked meals for your family. Sometimes the best dinner recipes are the ones made with just the basics. In this collection of Dollar Store Food ideas, find 13 Frugal Recipes for you and your loved ones to enjoy without having to worry. Cooking is so much more fun, and so much easier, when you know you're not going to break the bank doing it!
Dollar Store Food:
13 Frugal Recipes for You
Table of Contents
Dollar Store Black Bean Soup (shown above) - Black bean soup is a hearty and comforting dish to enjoy as a main dish or as a starter. This easy soup recipe is great to make especially during the cold weather months.
Dollar Store Southwest Soup - Enjoy the zesty flavors of the Southwest with this cheap recipe for soup. When it comes to preparing a flavorful appetizer, you don't need to spend a ton of money on ingredients. This dollar store food idea is proof that frugal can be fantastic!
Dollar Store Kickin' Chili (shown at top of page) (special feature!) - Use your slow cooker to prepare a chili that will warm you to your core. It may not cost a lot of money to make this simple chili recipe, but the end result tastes like a million bucks!
Dollar Store Chicken Casserole - You can find most, if not all, of the ingredients needed for this easy chicken casserole recipe at your local dollar store. A version of the classic tuna noodle casserole recipe, this chicken version has a great homey flavor that will please everyone at the table!
Dollar Store Cowboy Casserole (shown above) (special feature!) - If you love the taste of cowboy recipes, you have to try this awesome recipe for a Southwestern-inspired main dish that's chocked full of hearty ingredients like beans, corn, tomato, pepper and more. All we can say about this cowboy recipe is "yum!"
Dollar Store Ranch Chicken Casserole (shown at top of page) - Ranch chicken casserole is one of those dishes that we just never get tired of. This version, one of our favorite dollar store food ideas, is a great option for families on a budget because many of the necessary ingredients can be found at the local Five and Dime.
Fritos Casserole - Cheesy, beefy and crunchy, this cheap casserole recipe has three great things going for it. If you're a fan of Fritos, this is definitely one of the best easy frugal recipes for you. Don't miss out on this guilty pleasure casserole that so many of our readers love.
Dollar Store Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Casserole (special feature!) - Served warm and fresh out of the oven, this cheesy chicken casserole recipe is pretty hard to beat. Add this to your list of great dollar store food dishes because your family is sure to love the combination of flavors in this chicken dinner!
Dollar Store Cheesy Quesadillas - With just four simple ingredients, many of which can be purchased at your local dollar store, this cheap and easy recipe for quesadillas is a winner in our book. This recipe for two is one of those frugal recipes you'll want to keep handy because it makes a great lunch, snack or dinner; it's so versatile!
Easy Pantry Tuna Penne (shown above) - As its name suggests, this cheap pasta recipe can be made from items most likely already residing in your pantry at home. This is one of those frugal recipes that's great because it's inexpensive, but also because it's incredibly fast to make. In just 30 short minutes you'll have a delicious dinner on the table.
Dollar Store Chili Macaroni - Frugal recipes are great when you need ideas for simple, low-cost weeknight meals. This version of a classic chili mac recipe is easy on the wallet and satisfying for the taste buds. It's win-win!
Dollar Store No Bake Cookies (shown above) (special feature!) - Dollar store food doesn't stop at casseroles and main dishes. If you're looking for a cheap dessert recipe, look no further than these delicious no bake cookies. Made with oats, raisins and jam, this easy dessert recipe proves that frugal recipes can still be rich in flavor.
Dollar Store Cornbread - Also called "Yankee Cornbread," this old-fashioned recipe puts a twist on traditional cornbread recipes -- a twist you're going to love. Don't miss out on this sensational side dish... it's one of our favorite dollar store food ideas.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- 25+ Poor Man Cheap Meals and Frugal Recipes
- 14 Quick and Easy Bisquick Recipes for Biscuits
- "Frugal Recipes: 26 Easy Ground Beef Recipes for Dinner" eCookbook
- 17 Traditional Amish Recipes + 6 Bonus Amish Country Favorites
- Amish Church Soup
- 19 Easy Recipes Using Crescent Rolls
- Farm Stand One Pot Wonder
- Easy Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Chicken Biscuit Melt-Aways
- Southern Fried Cabbage
- 20 Valentine's Day Recipes: Blogger Edition - Free eCookbook
- 22 Easy Pie Recipes for Every Occasion
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix eCookbook
- 39 Appetizer Recipes and Party Pleasers eCookbook
- Classic Cowboy Recipes: 27 Authentic Western Recipes - Free eCookbook
- Frugal Recipes: 26 Ground Beef Recipes eCookbook
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
- Top Rated Amish Recipes: 26 Classic, Old-Fashioned Recipes eCookbook
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- St. Paddy's Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Cheesy Cheddar Burger Bites
- Easy Chocolate Raspberry Tiramisu
- Cherry Chip Cake with Whipped Vanilla Buttercream
- Easy No-Bake Creme Brulee
- Whipped Cream Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 15 Best Homemade Italian Sausage Recipes
- MAX'IS Creations Hoop in a Mug Review
- MAX'IS Creations