Peanut Butter Chocolate French Toast
By: Chef Marcus Samuelsson for PLANTERS
This image courtesy of www.kraftrecipes.com
My favorite dishes are french toast and peanut butter and chocolate sandwiches. I thought what better thing to do than to combine the two to make one ultimate french toast recipe? Peanut Butter Chocolate French Toast is my version of a classic.
4 squares of Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
2 tablespoons Planters creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
teaspoon ground cinnamon
pint ground cardamom
cup whipping cream
16 slices of white bread
1 cup milk
- Melt chocolate as directed on package.
- Add peanut butter, honey and spices; whisk until well blended. Stir in cream; spread onto 8 bread slices. Cover with remaining bread slices; press edges together lightly to seal.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in shallow dish until well blended.
- Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Dip 4 sandwiches, 1 at a time, in egg mixture, turning to evenly moisten both sides of each.
- Add to skillet; cook 3 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Total fat: 13 g
Saturated fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 85 mg
Sodium: 320 mg
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Dietary fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 13 g
Protein: 10 g
Vitamin A: 6 %DV
Vitamin C: 0 %DV
Calcium: 10 %DV
Iron: 15 %D
You'll know it's a special occasion when you get to enjoy a serving of this delicious breakfast-time entree.
Serve with fresh fruit.
Substitute fat-free half-and-half or milk for the whipping cream.