This delicious treat is perfect for party! This Monkey Bread is packed with Auntie Anne's delicious pretzels! You'll love this fantastic cinnamon bread recipe.
Dough preparation (1 Dough Mix):
- In a large bowl, dissolve contents of 1 yeast packet in 11/4 cups lukewarm tap water (105 degrees F).
- Let sit about 2 minutes. Water temperature must not exceed 115 degrees F.
- Add 1 dough mix to yeast/water mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula (or your hands), mix until dough ball forms. Turn dough ball onto lightly floured surface and knead until soft, slightly tacky dough is formed (approximately 5-7 minutes).
- Add a small amount of flour if dough is too sticky.
- Place dough ball into a large bowl that has been coated with nonstick spray.
- Coat a sheet of plastic wrap with nonstick spray and place on top of dough ball, tucking sides down around dough (to prevent dough from drying out).
- Place bowl in a warm spot (85-95 degrees F) for 30 minutes so the dough can rise.
Note: Reserve baking soda packet for later use. DO NOT ADD BAKING SODA TO THE DOUGH MIX. Read all instructions before proceeding.
If Using an Electric Mixer:
- Follow steps 1 and 2, combining yeast and water directly into a large mixing bowl.
- Add dough mix to bowl with yeast/water mixture.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, turn on low speed for 1 minute to allow dough mix to incorporate into the yeast/water mixture.
- Increase speed to medium low and continue mixing for an additional 4 minutes.
- Dough should form a soft, smooth, and slightly tacky ball. Continue to step 5.
Note: Bread Machines may be used to mix the dough (steps 1-3). Machines vary; total mixing time should not exceed 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 stick of butter.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Tear risen dough into 50-60 one-inch pieces.
- Roll each piece into a small ball and place 5-6 pieces at a time into the melted butter and coat each piece evenly.
- Place buttered dough pieces into the cinnamon sugar mixture and shake bowl to coat.
- Place cinnamon sugar coated pieces of dough into a greased 10-cup Bundt pan.
- Repeat steps 4-5 until you have used all the dough pieces.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Best served warm.