This image courtesy of chobani.com/kitchen
If you are looking to add some zest to the typical blueberry bread recipes, try this Lemon Blueberry Loaf recipe. Made with fresh or frozen blueberries, this easy bread recipe is such a great treat in the morning, or serve it a la mode with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt for dessert.
cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (if you're skipping the fruit, you can also skip the last Tbsp of flour)
2 teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
1 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
3 extra-large eggs
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (approximately 2 lemons
teaspoon pure vanilla extract
cup canola oil
cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and rinsed
cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 1/2-inch by 4 1/4-inch by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
- Sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the Chobani, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Mix the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 (+) minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before flipping out onto a cooling rack.
- Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan.
- While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in (a pastry brush works great for this, as does using a toothpick to make tiny holes that draw the syrup in better). Cool.
per serving: Calories 290, Fat 14g, Sat Fat 2g, Protein 7, Carbohydrate 39g, Fiber 4g, Sodium 100mg